
This past weekend was the famous Red River Rivalry. Texas has been playing Oklahoma since 1900. I participated in this college tradition this past weekend by attending the game at the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
I arrived during the second quarter of the game ,which was fine by me after a bad start in the first quarter. While I was at the game I witnessed boys that went to UT and were clearly a part of an organization picking on a young boy, age 13 who was in my section wearing an Oklahoma jersey.
Now I admit I'm not a fan of OU by any means but to pick on a child is just pathetic. They were throwing bottles at him and shouting profanities. It shocked me that the closest officer did not step in. It was embarrassing that my fellow students would act in such a manner. So after the game I went and apologized to the boy and told him not to mind those jerks hoping I could somewhat salvage the Texas fans reputation and make him feel better.
On a lighter note Texas won which was very exciting for all the Longhorn fans. Another win against OU. After talking to other fans it became clear to me that I was not the only one who enjoyed last years game better.
UT student Victoria Heckenliable said "last years game was better and more intense, it wasn't so much a defense game because both teams were stronger last year." I have to agree with her. The score of this years game was fairly low, 16-13 Texas. I feel like both teams have played better games this season.
While it was nice to win again this year students are doubtful for next year, when we lose some of our prominent players. Only time will tell for the strength of next years team.
For more information on this game, upcoming games and other Texas football information visit the Mack Brown Texas Football Website at www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com, where there are daily updates for devoted fans.
I arrived during the second quarter of the game ,which was fine by me after a bad start in the first quarter. While I was at the game I witnessed boys that went to UT and were clearly a part of an organization picking on a young boy, age 13 who was in my section wearing an Oklahoma jersey.
Now I admit I'm not a fan of OU by any means but to pick on a child is just pathetic. They were throwing bottles at him and shouting profanities. It shocked me that the closest officer did not step in. It was embarrassing that my fellow students would act in such a manner. So after the game I went and apologized to the boy and told him not to mind those jerks hoping I could somewhat salvage the Texas fans reputation and make him feel better.
On a lighter note Texas won which was very exciting for all the Longhorn fans. Another win against OU. After talking to other fans it became clear to me that I was not the only one who enjoyed last years game better.
UT student Victoria Heckenliable said "last years game was better and more intense, it wasn't so much a defense game because both teams were stronger last year." I have to agree with her. The score of this years game was fairly low, 16-13 Texas. I feel like both teams have played better games this season.
While it was nice to win again this year students are doubtful for next year, when we lose some of our prominent players. Only time will tell for the strength of next years team.
For more information on this game, upcoming games and other Texas football information visit the Mack Brown Texas Football Website at www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com, where there are daily updates for devoted fans.

No comments:
Post a Comment